INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC), SANJO COLLEGE (SCMAS)
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in Sanjo College (SCMAS) pushes long-term quality standards in all its academic and non-academic affairs to cope with global competence.
IQAC endeavors to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in SCMAS. The quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation become crucial for quality assurance and thus IQAC affirms assimilation, optimization and integration of modern techniques and methods of teaching and learning.
IQAC promotes quality through various programmes and activities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences, panel discussions, role playing exercises, (model) demonstrations, case studies, academic meetings, proper and timely evaluative measures and feedback portals, and through any such kind of event or programme ventures for both the staff and the students.
The primary aim of IQAC as per the guidelines from NAAC is “to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. […] For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.”
Major Objectives of IQAC:
- To make a college with educational excellence and academic brilliance
- To ensure a pro-student (pupil-centric) ambiance for holistic learning culture
- To achieve an interdisciplinary, integrated and collaborative academia with industrial relation
- To enhance the quality and competence of staff and students
- To promote a collaborative teaching – learning – administrative functions for overall development
- To guarantee the incorporation of current trends and techniques in teaching and learning
IQAC Members (SCMAS, Mullakkanam)
Fr. Joby Lukose Vellaplackel, Manager in Charge, SCMAS (Chairman)
Dr. Jijo James Indiparambil, Principal, SCMAS (Director)
Fr. Jobin Penattukunnel, Bursar, SCMAS (Management Representative)
Sr. Shanty Joseph, Vice principal, SCMAS (Administrative Representative)
Mr. Joseph Xavier, Department of English, SCMAS (Staff Representative)
Mrs. Manju Sebastian, Department of Commerce, SCMAS (Staff Representative)